Filtern nach

Filter by

Filtrer efter

Ihr Beitragsort
Your entry places
Jeres indrejse sted
Einkaufsladen „RITA“
Einkaufsladen „RITA“
Einkaufsladen „RITA“
Idstedt-Löwe
Idstedt-Löwe
Idstedt-Löwe
Flensborg Avis
Flensborg Avis
Flensborg Avis
Deutsches Haus
Deutsches Haus
Deutsches Haus
Polizeigebäude
Polizeigebäude
Polizeigebäude
Duborg-Skolen
Duborg-Skolen
Duborg-Skolen
Dänisches General-Konsulat
Dänisches General-Konsulat
Dänisches General-Konsulat
Flensborg Hus
Flensborg Hus
Flensborg Hus
Grenzstein Nr. 1
Grenzstein Nr. 1
Grenzstein Nr. 1
Knudsborg Munketoft
Knudsborg Munketoft
Knudsborg Munketoft
Nordertor
Nordertor
Nordertor
Dansk Centralbibliotek
Dansk Centralbibliotek
Dansk Centralbibliotek
Helligåndkirken
Helligåndkirken
Helligåndkirken
Gut Jägerslust
Gut Jägerslust
Gut Jägerslust
Marineschule Mürwik
Marineschule Mürwik
Marineschule Mürwik
SBV-Sitz 360°
SBV-Sitz 360°
SBV-Sitz 360°
Exe
Exe
Exe
Zigeunerlager im Steinfelder Weg
Zigeunerlager im Steinfelder Weg
Zigeunerlager im Steinfelder Weg
Asmus-Jepsen-Weg
Asmus-Jepsen-Weg
Asmus-Jepsen-Weg
Altes Rathaus
Altes Rathaus
Altes Rathaus
AWO Integrationscenter
AWO Integrationscenter
AWO Integrationscenter
Bahnhof
Bahnhof
Bahnhof
NDR-Studio
NDR-Studio
NDR-Studio

POINT OF INTEREST

Deutsches Haus

Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 7, 24937 Flensburg

The German Empire “donated” the German House (das Deutsche Haus) to the people of Flensburg as a sign of “its gratitude for loyalty to Germany”. Most of them had voted to remain a part of the German Empire in the plebiscite of 1920.

In the plebiscite in 1920, the people of Flensburg decided that their city should remain in the German Empire. As an expression of thanks, the German Empire donated about one half of the approximately 2 million reichsmarks that were needed to construct the German House. The then mayor Todsen invoked the cultural centre as the place that the “deep movement of the German people at the present time cannot do without”. The German Empire viewed the house as a place for “… large patriotic celebrations and the like…” and a counterweight to a Danish cultural takeover. Today, events are held there for visitors no matter where they come from. Concerts, lectures, festivities and a community cinema are offered. The building was constructed from 1928 to 1930 on the basis of designs of the building officer Ziegler and the architect Theo Rieve in the style of the “New Objectivity” and Schleswig-Holstein heritage architecture. It rests on 650 oak piles on the land of the “small millpond” that was drained especially for it. It is located to the north of the Bahnhof.